What we learned at NAHF ‘18
- We bought too many cupcakes. We thought hospice fundraisers LOVED cake more. We were wrong…
- It’s hard to be truly innovative; but we need to embrace creativity and thinking outside the box in order to get there – says Dr David Hall.
- The key tenets of innovation are Understand, Decide, Communicate + Motivate = UDCM (cheers Money Tree Fundraising for the handy acronym!)
- Ash looks great as a meme…(see above – and thanks Howard!)
- Wallace and Gromit make a dynamic fundraising duo!
- There’s still huge confusion across the sector about GDPR, with different ‘experts’ giving conflicting information. It’s so important now for ICO and IoF to issue clear instructions for charities to follow to comply with legislation, conform to best practice but allow successful fundraising to continue and flourish.
- Jane from Majestic should hire herself out as an after-dinner speaker (hilarious!).
- Embracing your inner child can help you to generate both novel and useful fundraising ideas.
- As hospice fundraisers we need to wake up (CAKE UP!) and be mindful with our work to ensure we do the best by our supporters (thanks Kim!).
- Hospices have the most passionate, dedicated and committed fundraisers in the not-for-profit sector. So many amazing stories of fundraisers going way above and beyond the job because they are so close to beneficiaries.
We’re looking forward to next year’s conference in Cheshire. But if you’d like to work with us on good stuff before then – drop us a line – we’d love to hear from you!